Sunday, December 13, 2009

I have become my [insert parent here]!

Do you ever have those moments when you say "Wow, I've totally become my Dad/Mom!"?

I had another one of those today.  Due to the warmer weather (above freezing, rather than below it like the rest of the week) this weekend we ended up with some nasty, soft, slushy snow all over the place.  And that means BIG OL' PUDDLES everywhere!

In the effort to not drown when pulling in or out of our driveway I began scraping the buildup out of our gutters so the water could run to the drain which happens to be right in front of our house.  As I did so I totally remembered watching my dad do the same kind of thing at our house in Tremonton and there was my "I've become" moment of the day.

When the ice would soften Dad would dig it out so the water could drain and we wouldn't have these big ol' puddles/ruts in the driveway that the car would bounce through, not drive through (otherwise you could get stuck in the middle of the driveway, not to mention how deep they would become).  I guess it stuck with me.

It's so weird catching up to points where you remember seeing your parents fulfilling responsibilities and finding yourself at the same place now.

I'm not sure about this continual maturing thing.

0 comments: